As I still had a few other things to work on, I decided to make the bunting smaller so the project would go faster.
ends of a row instead of just one for the bunting and using the head pattern of the snowman for its body and using a shorter stitch for its head. The proportions turned out great for the modified bunting.
I also changed up the scarf and only used one of the pieces on each snowman to give him a windswept scarf.
I was very proud of the way he turned out. The sewing felt like it would never end, but I think that may be because its my least favourite part of crochet.
Eventually I managed to have a very cute bunting that my kids did not want to part with.
Luckily it's new owners love it as much as we do. Of course the bunting didn't get sent to England on its own. I unfortunately didn't take a photo of everything I sent over, but I remembered to take photos of the crocheted items.
Here is the Chevron Cowl by Melissa Campbell of Totally Stitching. You can find her over on Ravelry. I made it in my favourite Bernat Mosiac yarn. I love the softness of this self striping yarn.
The other thing I made was a couple of six inch squares for Caroline's friendship-ghan. I made them in her favourite colours and with flowers just as was requested.
Thank you Caroline for being such an awesome swap partner.