Tuesday 14 January 2014

Crochet Mood Blanket - Week 1

A few days before the new year I was I doing my usual daily blog reading when I read on Crochetime about a new crochet along that was about to start on the first of January. Even though I have a list of projects as long as my arm that need completing, this was one I could not pass up. A CAL that ran all year long that consisted of making a square or row of a blanket either daily or weekly that represented the mood you were feeling that day/week. I quickly decided on doing Lucy's granny stripe from Attic 24 as I have been wanting to do it for a while  now. So I sat down and figured out the ten most felt feelings I have and went out to buy some yarn. Then as the CAL was being hosted over at Instagram I went and joined up and learnt the basics. Then a Facebook page was opened up.


To start with assigning colours, I looked at a colour mood chart but the colours didn't appeal to me. I wanted to have a beautiful bright and cheery blanket. So I picked out ten colours that fit the bill and went well together. Then I assigned them a mood.


January 1st came around quickly and with a lot of excitement I got to start my queen sized blanket.

Day 1 - Excited.

Day 2 - Happy.

Day 3 - Tired.

Day 4 - Energetic.

Day 5 - Loved.

Day 6 - Stressed.

Day 7 - Happy.

So far I am keeping up pretty well with the CAL except for a few days where I went to Sydney for a break and was too busy to pick up my hook to complete a row. 
I'm really enjoying this CAL and if you would like to follow my progress throughout the year feel free to give me a virtual kick up the butt if I get tardy with my weekly updates. 
You can also follow my progress on Instagram with #contentedcrochet or follow everyone's progress with #crochetmoodblanket2014. If you would like to join in on this fun ride you can get all the details with #mummy_stacey.




1 comment:

  1. Great color choices! That is going to be a beautiful afghan.

    ReplyDelete